recipes i love: slow cooker chicken tacos



As I mentioned before, I do not and probably never will consider myself a "food blogger." But I have been trying to learn to cook and I have mostly used pinterest to do so. My first recipe to review is Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos from Spoonful.com.





This chicken is amazing. It is super moist, delicious, healthy, and can be used in so many ways. We made simple chicken tacos with avocado on top and we did not need any salsa, that is how flavorful and juicy this chicken is. It would be great for burritos, taco salads, and the leftovers would be amazing for nachos. It also took almost no time to make. I put it all in the crockpot in the morning and when I came home from work it took just a few minutes to shred the chicken (it broke apart easily) and get the sides together. 

Now I know what you are thinking, why didn't she start the series with a great independent blog?! I promise, I will write about those. But I had a really hard time finding a version of this recipe that I liked. Most of the ones I tried from some of the food blogs I read regularly were too salty for me. They didn't work for my personal tastes, I want to share with you recipes I actually like. I tried this one from My Chocolate Therapy but for me it was too salty so I would say if you find the Spoonful.com one lacking flavor, try this instead. I tend to think most things are too salty so there is a good chance you will love that one as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment