the liebster award

I've seen this going around and was flattered to be nominated by The SoCal Hiker. The Liebster Award is seen by some as a sort of chain letter, but in the world of blogging I think it is much more about getting to know each other better and learning more about those in our blogging communities. So here are my answers to the 11 questions I was given. 

Where was your most recent walk, hike or run?
I walk Daisy around the neighborhood daily. We normally walk 1-2 miles depending on what else I have done that day. 

What is in your daypack right now?
My daypack is a mess right now. The only thing still in it is my first aid kit. Everything else is all over. My daypack is also in need of a washing. 

What is the one third-party app on your smartphone that you would never uninstall?
I am in the process of getting rid of as many apps as I can. Right this minute I want to uninstall all of them. 

What is your favorite local trail?
I really love the Ski Hut trail (also known as the Baldy Bowl trail.) You can take it all the way to the top of Mt. Baldy but even just taking it to the Ski Hut is a good challenge and a beautiful trail. It is also the only trail I have seen Bighorn Sheep on. 

Name your favorite outdoor-inspired book or movie.
Does Jurassic Park count? I think it does. It has wild animals. It has crazy terrain. It has jeeps. And it has adventure. And of course, dinosaurs. 

If time and money were no object, what is your dream adventure trip?
I would want to travel the world. I've never been outside of North America and if money and time were no object I would probably take off and see as much as I can see. 

Describe your earliest memory of outdoor adventure.
Sand dunes in Mexico. My grandparents were both nature photographers and they always took us to the most beautiful places in Mexico. I remember them being endlessly tall and climbing them with my cousins just so we could roll back down them again. 

What in the name of all that is holy compels you to write your blog?
Writing about my adventures helps me reflect on them and also encourages me to try new things. I also really love the community of blogging. It's become a great way for me to meet others who have similar interests. 

If you could spend a weekend camping with one person no longer living, who would it be and why?
My grandfather. Now that I am old enough to realize what an amazing man he was I wish I could spend a weekend in the Sierras with him and learn all that he knew. 

Looking into a crystal ball, where do you hope we will find you in five years?
I hope to have been teaching for five years and to be living a life filled with balance and adventure. 

How many times do you plan to hit me with a Blogstöcken for nominating you?
One hit for every question asked. Seems fair, right? 


Now it's time for me to nominate 11 Bloggers: 

1) 

No comments:

Post a Comment