another adventure: coffee and friends


This is my last week off before subbing starts again (yes, that's right, I am a substitute teacher). I have been focused on getting ahead on my Capstone for my Masters so it's been a busy week. But it's had some really great moments with friends. I finally made it back out to LA to see one of my dearest friends. We had a tough year with seeing each other, with school and everything it was really hard for me to be around for social things and I often felt like I was being a terrible friend. But I drove out to LA and we had breakfast and then sat for another hour or so after we were done with our meals, just talking over coffee and it was perfect. 


You know you have found a best friend when you can pick up with them at any point and feel like no time has passed. The connection is always there. I have a handful of friends who are like this and they are some of the most inspiring people I have ever met and because we all live such crazy lives (and some live so far away) it's great knowing that when we do meet up we can just be ourselves and dive right into a conversation that could last for hours. Even though I wish I could see them every single day, I know it's okay, because we are always there for each other in our own ways. 

xoxo,
kat 





1 comment:

  1. It can't be a coincidence that the majority of the bloggers I follow are teachers and librarians! I didn't know that's what you did. Neato!

    ReplyDelete