another adventure: the mission inn

ramble kat ramble

 I wrote a little bit about hiking yesterday so today I thought I would share a different kind of adventure by sharing some photos of the historic and gorgeous Mission Inn located in Riverside, CA.

ramble kat ramble

I was there about a month ago for a Bachelorette party weekend I helped host for my friend and it was the most gorgeous hotel I have ever stayed at. We stayed at the hotel after a day of wine tasting in Temecula, we wanted a place to stay with plenty to do and that offered more than a normal hotel. The Mission Inn is a gorgeous hotel and spa that was originally built as a two story adobe in 1876. Since then more has been added to the hotel with levels looking like everything from a cathedral to an Spanish home. It has hosted presidents, celebrities from all eras, and hosts the Festival of Lights in the winter.

ramble kat ramble

It is in walking distance to downtown Riverside, has a luxury spa near the pool, and several restaurants with varying price points. We ate at the Italian restaurant for dinner which had outdoor seating and played Frank Sinatra the whole time. We also had the Sunday Brunch before checking out. Both were delicious, though the Brunch is a little pricey.

ramble kat ramble

What I loved the most about the Mission Inn was that it felt like we were in another era. The whole decor and style is elegant and clearly of another time. The architecture is inspired by the California Missions but because different sections were added on throughout it's history, it offers a wide range of architectural details and styles.

ramble kat ramble

I hope to go back sometime soon and maybe even treat myself to a spa day there. 

xoxo,
kat 



No comments:

Post a Comment