around here 5.31.14

ramble kat ramble

It's been a weird week. I am struggling with the transition from being on call to work to not having work at all (otherwise known as the life of a substitute teacher.) But I also got amazing news this week and started to really embrace the freedom of my summer. Let's start with the photo above of my squash plants! My garden is thriving and I am having a great time working on it bit by bit. 

ramble kat ramble

I love to crochet but it often feels weird to make scarves and hats and warm weather stuff when it's in the nineties. Twitter saved the day to help me have an excuse to make cute scarves for someone while watching TV and I am so excited she loves bright colors! How weird would it be if I posted scarf photos in June and July? Too weird?

ramble kat ramble

 I promise he is not as confused as he looks in this photo. The boy went through his parents attic and found everything we need to camp (and more). We aren't usually campers. We are day hikers and usually enjoy having a bed and a roof over our head but finding all this gear (we don't have to pay for) may lead to a few camping trips.

ramble kat ramble

I mean, look at this tent. It has TWO ROOMS. It's way too big for us but we really can't complain. I voted for sleeping in it tonight on the front lawn.

ramble kat ramble

This is going to be the summer of yoga. My mom, very sweetly, got me a year unlimited membership to my local yoga studio and I am going all in. Be prepared for lots of yoga related pictures if you follow me on instagram. 

ramble kat ramble

We bagged out first peak this last weekend. I will be sharing some of that trip on Monday. I love the many unique ways people share these experiences without ever meeting each other. We found a protein powder container with this notepad as a the "trail registry." If you ever see scratchy handwriting that says "Chris and Kat" on a trail, it's probably us!

Don't forget, I have a giveaway going on! Want a $50 gift card to Flow397 - check out my things I love post from this week!

xoxo,
kat

No comments:

Post a Comment