what i'm reading: wild and a blog roundup


Earlier this year, I made a promise to myself to finish every book I start this year. I am about halfway through the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed and I am starting to regret this decision. I really want to be done with this book and if it were any other year, I would have given up on it by now. It's not that it's bad, I am only halfway through so I can't really judge that yet, it's just that it's not what I expected. I knew it was a memoir and I knew that meant it would deal with life changing moments and stories of where things went wrong in her life but I also wanted more about the Pacific Crest Trail, more about being out in nature, and more about hiking on your own than I have gotten so far from this book. I hope to have a full review soon, because I really need to finish this book and move onto something else, but for now how about a blog round up of some blog posts I have read recently that have been absolutely awesome.

Kyla Roma wrote a great post recently about her secret reset button. I love her writing in general and this post was a great reminder of how we all need to make sure we take time for ourselves and how to make the most out of that time.

Allyson Potrebka wrote a great post on yoga etiquette for beginners! If you've never been to a yoga class before this is the perfect resource for you!

For all the crafters with dreams of a book deal out there, this post from Tilly and the Buttons is inspiring and heartfelt. Learning about how she got her book deal and the whole process behind it makes it a great read. And I love her honesty through the whole post!

What book are you reading? What blogs are you loving right now?

xoxo,
kat

No comments:

Post a Comment