getting crafty: tote bag pattern from lazy saturday

ramble kat ramble

I found these simple and straightforward instructions for a tote bag on the Lazy Saturdays blog. She even has another post where she shows you have to add hand printed designs to the totes that are really adorable. I loved the illustrated directions in the blog and while I know a tote bag is just two big rectangles and two long rectangles, having these measurements and instructions really helped me when putting it all together. 

ramble kat ramble

My sewing skills are still pretty rusty. I was never an expert to begin with so tackling smaller projects really helps me remember the basics of what I learned from my godmother (she is an amazing batik artist, you can find her work here). 


I used those packs of fat quarters they sell at fabric stores (they were on sale and I had a coupon so it was a win-win), the ones you use for quilting, and they ended up being the perfect size for these. I am hoping to spend the day making a few more of these for my friends as gifts. They are just the right size and really fun and simple to sew. A perfect beginner project. 


What crafty projects are you working on right now?

xoxo,
kat

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm going to try this with my fashion camps this summer. Love it!, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take lots of pictures! I can't wait to see what the kiddos do! Did you see the other tutorial for adding designs to them?

      Delete
  2. Your tote turned out SO cute Kat! That fabric is adorable. Thanks for trying out my tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love your blog and all the tutorials you offer! Can't wait to try more!

      Delete