what i'm watching: the pete holmes show



Are you watching The Pete Holmes Show? It is hilarious. I started watching the show a few months ago and I just love Pete Holmes. He might be one of the funniest people on TV. It is on after Conan on TBS so the humor is for mature audiences but it isn't the kind of humor that is shockingly vulgar or offensive in order to get a laugh. He is goofy and comes across as humble and genuine. On his show he interviews a lot of comedians, athletes, and generally interesting people and all his video sketches are hilarious. 

The boy and I actually went to a taping of the show this week. I had been to a couple of tapings of other shows years ago and forgot what a long and tiring day it can be. It's a lot of waiting around and then once you are in the studio, it takes a lot of energy because they amp up the audience and want to make sure you are giving your all when laughing and clapping for the show. That doesn't sound like it would be tiring but it somehow is. Maybe it is from the adrenaline of being a part of a TV Show, maybe I was laughing harder than I thought I was (I laughed so hard I cried at one point, he is that funny), or maybe how cold the studio is what really wears you out, but no matter how - we were exhausted by the end of the day.

 It was really easy to get tickets for this show, we were waiting in the same area as the audience for Conan. And then walked to through the Warner Bros lot where they film shows like Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. We got to see an interview with Kristen Schaal (who I love from Bob's Burgers and The Daily Show.) And I was even picked for an audience participation bit (which was terrifying/embarrassing but awesome.) 

Yes, his show is on the same time as Colbert, and Fallon, and @Midnight but you can watch all those online so save those for later and watch The Pete Holmes show. Or record an episode. Or watch clips here. And as a bonus, if you watch in May there is a tiny chance I might be in an episode. Maybe. Probably not. But watch it anyway! 

What TV shows re you watching right now?

xoxo,
kat

No comments:

Post a Comment