what i love about scrapbooking with haley tucker

I am excited to introduce a new series here on the blog where I interview passionate people about something they love. It could be a hobby, job, place, activity, or just about anything as long as it is something they really love.

So today I would like to introduce you to Haley Tucker and her love of scrapbooking. Haley is a wife, cat mom, Disney expert, and nanny who also writes a really lovely blog. Today, I asked her to talk about her love of scrapbooking.

ramble kat ramble

What is your earliest memory of scrapbooking? 
My earliest memory of scrapbooking was when I was probably 7 or 8 years old. My mom has been a scrapbooker since I can really remember, and I always loved looking through her albums. I started scrapbooking around the age of 13, but stopped as I got into high school (because it's "not cool", ha!). After I got married last September, my mom introduced me to Project Life, which I have been doing ever since!

What is the one thing you love the most about scrapbooking?
What I love about scrapbooking is the versatility of it. Your pages can be as simple or as complex as you want! What I love about doing Project Life is that I am able to capture the every day moments of my life. As boring and mundane as my days may seem, its fun to think that 10, 15 years down the road, I can show these albums to my future kiddos and be able to tell them what my every day life was like before they were here. It's an exciting thought!

ramble kat ramble

What is one thing you love least about scrapbooking?
What I love least is how expensive scrapbooking can get! It's a total money suck. There are certain brands that I am totally obsessed with and every time they put out a new line of products, I always feel the need buy it immediately. So that's the downside! One thing that keeps me in check is subscribing to the Studio Calico boxes. The Project Life subscription boxes are around $20 a month, and knowing that every month I'm going to get a box of brand new scrapbook supplies keeps me from making too many trips to our local scrapbook store! :)

ramble kat ramble

When did you know you had fallen in love with scrapbooking? 
I really fell in love with scrapbooking when I started doing Project Life. It's just so simple and easy! I did my entire wedding photo album in the Project Life style - that's what really made me want continue this hobby.

ramble kat ramble

What keeps you going back to scrapbooking? 
This sounds really silly, but Pinterest keeps me going back to scrapbooking. Whenever I am feeling burnt out on it, all I have to do is scroll through Pinterest and I nearly immediately want to pull out all of my scrapbooking stuff and get to work!


ramble kat ramble
What advice do you have to a novice? 
I still consider myself quite the scrapbooking novice, considering I've only been doing it for a year. A lot of people tell me that they don't want to get into scrapbooking because it seems intimidating...  But one thing I've learned about it is that there is no right or wrong way to do it - making mistakes is nearly impossible in scrapbooking! That's what I love so much about it. You have the complete freedom to do whatever you like with your pages, and that, to me, is what being creative is all about.

For more about Haley, you can find her on twitter and instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment