Hello, March. Goodbye, February

This month was focused on fitness, while I did not share all of my favorite things about fitness, I did talk about yoga, spin, and fitness being about a feeling, not a number or a shape. I also wrote a lot about Young Adult books, my favorite being Shadow and Bone. And I started reviewing recipes from pinterest as part of my goal of becoming a better cook at home. 

It's been great blogging again. I started really blogging in 2008 when I created an Etsy shop to sell my handmade hats and accessories but after I went back to graduate school it became clear that my blog was just becoming a couple pictures and sentences per post. This isn't a bad format at all, a lot of people are successful writing blogs that way and create gorgeous and poignant content. But I am not a photographer, I am not a fashion or beauty blogger, and I am not craft blogger anymore. 

So, I took a break from blogging and focused on school and work. When I decided I wanted to blog again, I didn't want to worry about it looking "the right way." I wanted to make sure I was focused on content that meant something to me and not spending hours posing pictures that weren't natural to who I am, or pretending to be someone who I am not. 

It's been two months and I am constantly coming up with new things I want to write about, things I want to share, elements I want to add to weekly posts, and that has me excited. And with that, I want to start adding more of me to this blog than just my writing. So March is going to be the month of more. More posts, more pictures, and some other very exciting changes that I cannot wait to share with you. 

Some things I am looking forward to: 

Being Crafty - I recently organized my crafts at home and cannot wait to start sharing my work with you again. 
Spring Cleaning - I just found out I will probably be living in the same space for at least another year or two, I always thought it was temporary and never really settled in.  Now it's time to clean and organize and try some of those projects found all around the web. 
Books I Love - This last month was all about Young Adult books. While I still will share some now and then, I am excited to share some other genres with you all and to start expanding on my reviews. 
Fitness and Adventures - The boy and I have a goal to summit three SoCal peaks this summer. That means I need to kick it into high gear. I am excited to share this journey with you. 

What are your goals for March? What are you looking forward to?

xoxo,
kat 

No comments:

Post a Comment